Start Electric Service With Connexus Energy

Start service for an existing residential property, existing commercial property, or new construction property, change service from overhead to underground, or move your existing service.

Start Residential Service

Existing residential properties

Start service at an existing residential property in the Connexus service area. Residents should complete and submit the existing home application below when moving into an existing residences.

Start Commercial Service

Temporary Reconnection for Inspection

Connexus requires two business days for temporary reconnection of electrical services for inspection.

To apply for temporary reconnection at the premises, the real estate agent, property manager, or potential buyer(s) should call Connexus member services at 763.323.2650.

A new account will be established for the temporary reconnect. The following charges, payable in advance, will apply:

  • $25.00 reconnection fee

If you do not have a current, active account with Connexus, we’ll require your social security number for an identity and soft credit check prior to establishing an account.

Payment Options

  • Credit card phone payment
  • Cash payment, made in person at our office between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday

HUD Properties

The temporary reconnection for HUD properties will extend only to the time indicated on the approved activation request. Contact member services at 763.323.2650 for detailed activation request information.

Non-HUD Properties

For all non-HUD properties, you are responsible for contacting member services at 763.323.2650 after the inspection to request disconnection. Phone hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
A disconnection may take up to two business days. The account holder is responsible for any usage at the property during the reconnection period. Neglecting or forgetting to call does not release your obligation of responsibility for usage.

Property Owner/Realtor/Property Management/Foreclosure

Property owners, real estate agents, and property managers should submit the Electric Service Request and W-9. This is required for foreclosed properties as well.

Leased Property/Landlord

Please complete the Electric Service Request - Landlord form.

New Construction

Install service for a new residential or commercial property, plat development, change your service from overhead to underground, or move your service.

New Construction

Transfer Residential Services

Complete the transfer service form if you would like to discontinue service at your current residence and transferred to a different address serviced by Connexus.

Transfer service

Existing Home Application

your most powerful membership®

These four words focus on the most important component of our cooperative: our members. In a cooperative, everything we do is for the benefit of our membership. This vision provides daily inspiration to build powerful partnerships with our members.


Contact Connexus Energy

Get in touch with Connexus Energy. Call, email, stop in, or fill a form with your questions and feedback.