Corona virus (COVID -19) update
We are committed to delivering safe and reliable electricity to you.
As COVID-19 continues to have an impact on all of us, I want to assure you that we are here to meet your energy needs. Our homes are more important than ever before, as we all prepare to spend more time there. With schools turning to distant learning, and a growing number of people telecommuting from home, we are here to keep the lights on for you.
While, we’d like to say it’s “business as usual,” there’s nothing “usual” about the current state of things. Our staff is just as vulnerable as anyone, so we are making adjustments to lower COVID-19 exposure risks. We’re doing that by encouraging our staff to work remotely whenever possible.
As our member, we’re asking for your help and understanding on a few items:
- Our lobby is now closed to all visitors.
- Our member service team is available via phone and online chat, Monday - Friday. Chat is available from 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and phones are open from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- If you are directly impacted by COVID-19, we do not wish to disconnect service. Please contact us to make payment arrangements if you are facing a financial hardship.
- We are reducing exposure risk to ensure our line workers, member service representatives, and other critical staff continue to deliver reliable, responsive, and friendly service. Outages will still happen, and we will respond as always.
- We have suspended offering new Wi-Fi thermostat installations.
- If you need to make a payment, we have several options available, including paying online or by phone, using our payment drop box, or signing up for auto draft.
- As a cooperative member, we encourage you to vote in the upcoming director elections. While our annual meeting will for the first time be closed to visitors other than director candidates, we will hold the meeting. Election results will be announced. Look for more details on our website as we get closer to the April 16 meeting date.
We are committed to delivering safe and reliable electricity to you. And, like every Minnesotan, we hold a view that this too will pass. Keep safe.
Connexus Energy CEO