No Rate Increase in 2018
There’s good news for Connexus Energy members. There will be no rate increase in the coming year.
While other neighboring utilities are looking at increases, the Connexus Energy Board and employees continue to find effective ways to contain costs. We are doing this while still maintaining a distribution system that is highly efficient and reliable. Our stable prices are due in large part to our operational excellence that is backed up by our bigger projects like AMI automated meter reading, Wi-Fi thermostats, and distributed generation. These new initiatives are helping us to reduce costs; and, in turn, we are able to pass on the savings to our members.
Helping Homeless Vets
Energy Efficiency: Tip of the Month
Looking for an easy way to make your home cozier? Try using an area rug to increase the insulation levels of your floors. Area rugs are stylish and can keep cool air from entering through your floors. Your toes will thank you!
Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 16-24 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or white wine
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 3 chicken breasts, boiled and cubed
- Cook wild rice according to package directions.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in butter.
- Add flour and chicken stock and cook about 10 minutes, stirring until smooth. Add chicken, rice, half-and-half, sherry/wine and mashed potato flakes.
- Stir until heated throughout.