Vehicles for Change
Connexus Energy supports the growing electric vehicle (EV) market and wants to work with members who buy an electric vehicle to make sure you get the most affordable rate to meet your charging needs. Our time-of-day rate offers members the most hours of charging in a week, while still providing an electric rate at almost half-off the normal residential rate.
Get more details on our EV rates, a $500 rebate for a Level 2 charger, and how you can power your EV with 100% wind energy at connexusenergy.com.
Get your FREE Wi-Fi Thermostat
We will send you a free Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostat when you agree to sign up for our Wi-Fi PowerNap® Air Conditioning program. With the Honeywell Wi-Fi 9000, you will be able to change the temperature in your home from anywhere with your phone, tablet, or laptop. You will also get a $10 credit on summer electric bills.
To see if you qualify and to learn more about the Wi-Fi PowerNap program, visit us at connexusenergy.com.
Sweet Solar Honey
Happy bees produce a lot of honey. Our pollinator-friendly community solar garden kept the bees busy and happy all summer long. Recently, we held a honey extraction demonstration for our SolarWise subscribers.
Merry, Bright, and Efficient Holiday Lighting
Decking the halls doesn’t need to take a toll on your energy bill, especially if you decorate with energy-efficient LED light strands.
- LED strands are 70 percent more efficient and last 10 times longer than the age-old standard bulbs.
- You can get the look of cozy lighting with LEDs. Just look for “warm white” on the label.
- Unlike older light strands, LEDs give off virtually no heat, making them safer for kids and pets.
Scalloped yams with Praline topping
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 medium yams or sweet potatoes (about 3 lbs.), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, heated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In bowl, work together brown sugar, butter, and flour until well combined, then work in pecans. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add yams and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Lightly butter 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange yams, overlapping in vertical rows in dish. Pour cream over yams. Bake 20 minutes. Crumble pecan mixture over yams and continue baking until yams are tender and topping is browned, 20-30 minutes longer.