Everything Under the Sun

(Ramsey, MN) – At today’s member event “Everything Under the Sun – Bees, Butterflies, and Batteries” Connexus Energy announced its Ramsey campus is now running completely on electricity from clean, renewable energy. This announcement that the electric cooperative’s headquarters is powered by 100% renewable energy builds upon Connexus Energy’s commitment to cost-competitive renewable energy sources.

The Connexus campus uses 3.7 million KWh of electricity per year. Of that, 25% already came from renewable energy. Now, the remaining 75% will be supplied from the output of its three solar gardens.

“As we continue to add more renewable energy to our power portfolio, we are able to offer our residential and commercial members more options to go green,” says Connexus Energy CEO Greg Ridderbusch. “How green they want to be is up to the individual businesses,” adds Ridderbusch. “Increasingly more commercial customers are realizing renewable energy is the way of the future. For them, it makes good business sense.”

The “Everything Under the Sun” event was held as part of National Pollinator Week. It gave Connexus members an opportunity to learn more about Connexus’ innovative solar plus storage project. In addition, those attending could get close up to a bee hive, learn more about bees, and plant milkweed to help the struggling monarch butterflies. All three of Connexus Energy’s solar arrays are pollinator-friendly and two have bee apiaries on site.

Connexus Energy is the largest member-owned utility in Minnesota providing electricity and related products and services to approximately 133,000 homes and businesses in portions of Anoka, Chisago, Hennepin, Isanti, Ramsey, Sherburne, and Washington counties. Additional information about Connexus Energy is available online at connexusenergy.com.

Share: