Connexus in top 10
Connexus Energy was recently named by Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA) Top 10 Utilities for having one of the largest battery storage systems in the country. With our two solar plus battery storage sites in Ramsey and Athens township, we have 30 MWh of energy storage capacity. So, what does that really mean? It means that Connexus is paving the way to a clean and modern energy future.
A plug for electric vehicles
Many electric vehicle (EV) owners claim that once you make the switch to electric you’ll never drive a gas-powered car again. Connexus Energy supports the growing EV market and wants to work with members who buy an electric vehicle to make sure you get the most affordable rate to meet your charging needs.
EV charging options
- Level 1 Charger Takes up to 21 hours to charge a depleted EV
- Level 2 Charger (most common in homes) Powers up the battery in 4 to 7 hours
- DC Fast Charger Adds 50 to 70 miles of range to an EV in about 20 minutes
Install a Level 2 charger and get $500 rebate
Level 2 chargers are purchased separately from the vehicle and can be installed at your home. To qualify for the rebate, you must be enrolled in our Time-of-Day or Off-Peak rate programs. For complete details on the rebate and our EV programs, visit us at connexusenergy.com.
Cold Weather Rule
Under the Minnesota Cold Weather Rule, your electric service will not be disconnected from October 15 through April 15 because of non-payment, provided you meet all the conditions.
This rule does not relieve you of your responsibility to pay your utility bills. Your electricity can still be shut off for non-payment.
You will only be protected under the Cold Weather Rule if electricity provides your primary source of heat AND you have done all the following:
- Your household income meets the state guidelines (at or less than 50 percent of the state median income).
- You have a payment arrangement with Connexus Energy for which you have remained current.
- You may be eligible for financial assistance to help with your utility bill payments. For a complete list of agencies who you can contact for assistance, and for all the Cold Weather Rule requirements, visit us at connexusenergy.com.
We all pay for energy theft
Stealing electricity is dangerous, against the law, and ultimately costs all our members. It is illegal to tamper with electric service or reconnect it. Protect yourself and others by reporting anyone tapping into a line, bypassing a meter, or tampering with equipment. Call our Member Services at 763.323.2650. Any information you report will be confidential.
Zucchini Pizza Casserole
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 15 oz. can Italian tomato sauce
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°. Place zucchini in colander; sprinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then squeeze out moisture.
Combine zucchini with eggs, Parmesan, and half of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Press into a greased 13×9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
In a large saucepan, cook ground meat and onion, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Bake additional 20 minutes or until heated throughout.
Driver Improvement Program 55+
To pre-register, call 1.888.234.1294
Sponsored by St. Cloud State University
Held at Connexus Energy