Medically Necessary Equipment/
If you or someone in your home is directly dependent on electricity, please have the attending physician complete and sign the
Medically Necessary Equipment Form
Restoration of Power Policy
Members who have medically necessary equipment do not necessarily have their power restored first. During an outage, we restore power to the largest block of members first. This strategy provides the highest probability that members with medically necessary equipment are restored quickly.
What you can expect from us
We will provide you with the following important information:
NOTE: Cordless phones DO NOT work during a power outage. Please provide us with a cell phone or an alternate phone number to ensure we are able to reach you.
- Advanced notice of planned power outages.
- We'll contact you during unplanned outages and provide information on the cause and expected time power will be restored.
- The notification will allow you to make alternate arrangements during the outage, if necessary.
- Updates will be given if restoration time changes.
Have a back-up plan
We encourage you to have back-up plans to prepare for outages.
- Plan other living arrangements or make arrangements for alternative power supply.
- In some circumstances, a back-up generator may be
appropriate. Members are responsible for the safe installation, use, and maintenance of a generator.
- If your equipment has battery back-up, ensure the battery is charged and tested regularly.