Center for Energy & Environment
Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) offers zero and low interest loans for qualified, Minnesota homeowners to make energy
efficiency improvements in their home. CEE, a Minneapolis based nonprofit organization, serves as the lender for the program and will assist you through the loan process.
As a Connexus Energy member, CEE offers you a discounted rate. Connexus Energy does not represent CEE or participate in the loan process.
*Annual Percentage Rate (APR) based on $25,000 loan for 10 years
|CEE Published Rate
||Connexus Member Discounted Rate
||Maximum Loan Amount
||0% (0% APR)
||2.99% (2.998% APR)*
- Ground Source Heat Pump systems that meet or exceed ENERGY STAR Tier 1 energy efficiency requirements.
- ENERGY STAR qualified air source heat pumps.
- Electric Thermal Storage (ETS) Space Heating systems capable of meeting all or a portion of the home’s heating requirements by storing heat produced from electricity during a nightly, off-peak period.
- ENERGY STAR qualified Heat Pump Water Heaters.
- ETS water heating systems with an Energy Factor (EF) of 0.90 or greater and a storage capacity of at least 80 gallons.
Heating elements must be wired to limit demand to no more than 5.5 kW. If more than one tank is used, they must be wired in series.
Borrowers must be current on mortgage payments, property taxes and utility bill from participating cooperative. Borrowers credit history must:
The current loan terms and conditions stated, including interest rates, are subject to change at any time without notice.
Further, these terms do not constitute a commitment to lend or an offer to enter into an agreement and such an offer may only be made pursuant to
MN Statutes Section 47.206(3) and (4).
- Reflect no payments 30 or more days late in the past 12 months
- Not have a Bankruptcy in the past 24 months without a reasonable explanation
- Not have a Foreclosure in the past 24 months without a reasonable explanation
- Not have any open judgments or tax liens
How to sign-up
Loans are typically set up within 24 hours of receipt of the application and then they are given to the Loan Officer.
Typically Loan Officers will get back to borrowers within another 24 hours.
Complete the application form and send to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax: 612-335-2650, or
- Mail: 212 3rd Ave N, Suite 560, Minneapolis 55401